Awesome Food from Solo

As I mentioned that I am now becoming one of millions (maybe) people living in Solo, Central Java, I think I want to share stories and some infos about this city that might help other people like me. Like me, yes.. someonre real new about this city. And let's start with food.

The food I am going to tell here is not really commom. Well, it is as common as soup, but as rare as  kimchi (in this city, of course). You can find kimchi in korean restaurant here, but there are not so many korean restaurant in Solo. Just like this soup. There are only some warung that sell it.
This is it..


Sup Matahari (Photo by: Shabrina, 2 Feb 2017)
Sup Matahari, which translated name would be sun soup, is one of a kind. IT IS AWESOME! especially when it is served hot and you are catching a cold. Unfortunately, when I took this picture, I got one with imperfect shape. Please do search "sup matahari" in google image and you'll see its better performance :D. Normally, it is not only tasty but  also beautiful. 
The main ingredient is egg, to shape the "wings" around and make it looks like sun in kid's drawings. The centre, which makes it "something", is made of mushrooms (usually black and white), carrot, chicken or saussage, and corn (sometimes), which are collaborated with perfect spices. yummm..

This is also affordable. One of the warungs I usually come to get it, Tenda Biru, sells it in only 8.000 IDR. This warung sells many other special foods from Solo  as well, like selat solo, gudeg (the food of the neighbor city), and gempol pleret. 

Price List Warung Tenda Biru (Photo by Shabrina, 2 Feb 2017)
If you visit Solo, this place is easy to find. Just about 5 minutes by taxi or gojek from Purwosari station, and you'll find yourself sitting in Warung Tenda Biru, enjoying this radiation-free sun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chrysanthemum (Tea)

Rindu Itu Berat

What is Good Teacher?