"Becoming Jane" (Austen)

Having a lot free time (excessively) in weekend, alone, would be very boring. Fortunately, I have books to read and dependable internet connection :D. Double luck. I choose the second to accompany my weekend by the way, and voila! Some movies were downloaded, one of which is "Becoming Jane". I was interested in it because Anne Hatheway was the main actress and I knew many of her movies, all of which I liked. Surprisingly, it was the movie of Jane Austen's life, a remarkable woman author from Romantics period whose name I familiar with but have no idea. I saw a movie adopted from her novel, though, "Pride and Prejudice". *blinking*
And my comment on the movie (Becoming Jane) is so greatly adorable and touchy. Not because Anne Hatheway is my favourite actrees, well, partly yes, but the story was also enchanting. Almost like Pride and Prejudice, it tells about young lovely passionate lady of a country side (Jane) who has to marry a rich man to whom she has no feeling at all but loves her so much (Wisley). Her love, however, has fallen to another guy (Tom Leroy), practically rich too. But Tom's uncle, who support Tom and his family's economy, diapprove their love because of a letter sent to him saying that Jane is from a poor family. Tom couldn't argue nor insist his uncle and fight for Jane because he is nothing without his ucle's suppot. However, in the end he realizes that Jane is far more important than anything else that he asked Jane to run away with him. (the tauchy part. Yet, Jane found a letter from Tom's family which thank him of sharing his allowance from his uncle to them. Soon the young lady realizes that Tom has to support his family and without his uncle's help, it would hardly possible. She decided to come back home with a broken heart, seeing her lover's broken too. :'(. (I hate this part).
She ended up unmarried because she cannot marry someone she doesn't love. Well, I hate stories that don't end happily, but if it is real story, what we can do... However, it makes me curious more about her stories, her novels. Watching Pride and Prejudice earlier, I think it reflects her wishes. A happy ending relationship in spite of hardship the lovers have to cope with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chrysanthemum (Tea)

Rindu Itu Berat

What is Good Teacher?